Monday, November 12, 2007

Kun Aguero: Messi Could Be The World's Best

Kun Aguero: Messi Could Be The World's Best


During an interview with Marca in Madrid's world-famous Prada museum, Atletico Madrid striker Sergio "Kun" Aguero reflected both on the Liga title race, and the quality of the opposition.

The youngster told the Spanish sports daily, "Atletico have the team to win the league.

"I'm happy here, and feel as if I'd like to end my career at Atletico."

Never one for modesty, Aguero went on to offer praise for both fellow Argentine striker Lionel Messi and, with a proviso, himself.

"Messi could be the best in the world for two years... and I, too, if I continue working," he smiled.

Indeed, while he believes that Atletico are potentially title material, it is Messi's squad that he feels favourites to lift the Spanish Liga trophy.

"Barça are more dangerous than Madrid," he insisted.

Aguero, 19, si already a full Argentina international. So far this season, he's scored seven goals in the Liga, making him joint-top scorer and, if penalties are discounted from the equation, top overall.

In Europe, he's also found form, with Lokomotiv Moscow boss Anatoly Byshovets recently praising his input.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am fan of Kun Aguero and Atletico Madrid. I am running www.atleticomadriddailynews.com and I am interested in exchange links with your site.
Thanks Ed